Change WordPress Theme Folder Name
There are times you may encounter the need to change wordpress theme folder name after you’ve finished developing your site. Don’t fret! This is easy to do.
- Backup your entire site and database.
- Deactivate your theme in the backend of WordPress and activate a different theme. (The stock “TwentyTwelve” is fine.)
- Next, simply change the name of your folder using an FTP client like Filezilla.
- You may need to go to your style.css and change the theme folder name in there also. (If your site loaded with no CSS, this may be the cause)
- Refresh the backend of WordPress and reactivate your theme. Done!